Looking to get rid of your used car or truck? We want to buy it from you, even if you don’t buy a vehicle from us! We will buy any make, any model, in any condition. Bring your vehicle in and one of our trained staff members will give you a free appraisal in as little as 30 minutes.
1. Contact us! – Contact us by calling toll free 1-866-677-7340 or locally 517-265-6107 or fill out this appraisal request form. No appointment necessary.
2. Free appraisal – Bring your vehicle in and we’ll do a free written appraisal in as little as 30 minutes. We will buy any make, any model, in any condition.
3. Offer – We’ll make you an offer good for 3 days, which you can choose to accept or reject. There’s no pressure and no obligation to sell us your car, even after we appraise it.
4.Sale – If you decide to sell us your car, we’ll write you a check the same day. Make sure you take a look at our list of what to bring with you
- We'll give you an offer the same day we appraise your car and you can choose to sell it to us on the spot.
- Appraisals are free. By selling it to us, you avoid the costs of advertising your car or listing it in the newspaper.
- Letting your car sit outside with a "for sale" sign can subject it to weather damage and other risks. By selling your car to Clift, it remains in the best condition possible, bringing in the highest price.
- Selling your car to Clift is fast. It could take months to sell your car to someone else. Avoid costs of ownership and get it off your hands quickly.
- Our no-haggle process. We'll make an offer for your car and you can choose to sell it to us, or not. It's that simple.
- Don't go on test drives with strangers or deal with setting up appointments. At Clift, you're dealing with a trustworthy source and avoiding unnecessary hassles.
- There's no need to make a trade. We'll give you cash for your car, rather than making you put it toward the purchase of another car from us. (Although you can trade it in if you like.)
- Don't worry about thoroughly cleaning the car, topping off fluids or getting it checked by a mechanic before you sell it. We can take care of that.
- driver's license or other state-issued photo ID
- keys and remote
- valid registration
- lien release or payoff info
The value of your car is based on numerous factors, including the car’s condition, the current market value, and even the time of year. Make and model are important of course, but so are the mileage and the look and durability of the car’s interior and exterior. Overall market and economic conditions can also affect the value of your car, as well as seasonal changes. For example, convertibles will be worth more in the spring and summer when people are in the mood to drive around with the top down.
- The appraiser will first check the exterior of your car, looking for signs that the vehicle has been in an accident. This will devalue the car, especially if there is major damage or damage to the frame. If individual sections of the car have been replaced, such as a single door, this can also lower the value of your car.
- Aftermarket accessories, depending on the type, may cause your car to be worth less because many consumers prefer their vehicles to only have factory-installed options.
- Next, the appraiser will examine the interior, looking at overall condition as well as checking things such as the heating, cooling and electrical systems. If the car belongs to a smoker, the value will be lower.
- The appraiser may then take your car for a test drive, testing the engine, transmission and brakes. You can stay with your car while we appraise it and ask any questions you might have.
- You should also feel free to point out anything on your car that you feel may affect its value.
After the appraiser is finished examining your car, he or she will ensure that the mileage is accurate and that your car’s accident history report is correct. Current market information is evaluated and applied to your vehicle, after which the appraiser will give you a written offer good for 3 days.